top of page


A watering system for your batteries? Oh yes, you need to do that!

Water My Battery

This project required a lot of control and reference of real life assets. All of the models were created from the ground up with the exception of the valve. The valve was re-made (through retopology) based on a CAD file. For added realism, I added some surface imperfections and emulated the real life materials as closely as possible. Heavy Look development and pre-visualization were crucial for time saving workflow strategy and pushing the limits of project flexibility. The most difficult shot was incorporating a realistic looking fluid simulation that also had to interact with multiple objects and materials. I ended up completing the shot by rendering two separate animations and compositing them together. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed working with Water My Battery on this and thrilled with the way it turned out.

Responsible For: Storyboards, Previsualization, 3D animation/modeling (Texturing/Lighting/Rendering), Motion Graphics, Compositing and Editing.

Software: Blender, Substance Painter, 3D Coat, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Photoshop

bottom of page